Anyway, it was a very very swell lineup this year, with the Pogues, Buddy Guy, Gin Wigmore, The Specials, John Fogerty, and Crosby, Stills & Nash as just part of it. Here's the photos that I snapped on the day... please forgive the Instagram photos, I didn't feel like lugging a huge camera around all day!
1. The program - I loved the type that they used for the advertising this year!
2. All rugged up... the weather was really weird and would go from boiling hot to absolutely freezing cold. I wore a scarf, a really light jacket, and a skirt with tights and boots, so I think I had all weather covered!
3. My really ugly duck (I think?!) ring that I got from Temt. It was only three bucks and I couldn't resist because he's just so... weird.
4. One thing I love about Blues & Roots is that Murdoch always provides these nifty cardboard seats! I have awful back problems if I have to sit crouched over all day, so these are AMAZING!
5. Me and my papa... I don't know why this photo doesn't even look like me! I ended up buying these faux-Bans on the day for $10.
6. Waiting for my dad to get his dinner! He didn't feel like waiting half an hour for some gozleme like some fools (me).
7. My ASOS jacket - I love the suitcase print - and my trusty My Girl Gwendoline bag that has been to many a festival.
8. Luckily these storm clouds just looked threatening, it didn't actually rain.
9. The Pogues!
And now I'll leave you with even more Pogues love. This is one of my FAVOURITE songs in the whole world and always almost brings a tear to my eye. Gosh I love those Irish bastards.
The Pogues - Rainy Night In Soho